build your PLN
Why do teachers need a Personal Learning Network?
In a nutshell, to connect with...
Are you nodding in even slight agreement? Great! Connected educators have a support system, a network of fellow educators with whom to learn, grow, and collaborate. They always welcome new people and new perspectives.
Where do you find these awesome PLNs? Right in your social media feeds! They are available from your computer, your phone, your tablet. Personal/Professional Learning Networks are always open and ready to engage when you are. They are just a click away.
So - Let's get started.
Social Media Challenge 2 (2 hours PL)
1. Read this short inspirational blog post.
2. Visit the comments from our first week and reply to two other teachers' comments. (See, you're connecting already!)
3. If you are currently a Facebook user, consider using the search field to search for educator groups. You can join groups and like a public Facebook page without "friending" the organizations or communities that interest you. Start by Liking my department's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/sccpssitc/ (We won't see your personal posts - I promise!)
4. Join my Remind group https://www.remind.com/join/socialsav. When my blog is updated, you’ll receive a text message to let you know that a new social media challenge awaits! Another reminder will be sent the following week to help keep your social media challenges in mind and in action. My plan is to provide a challenge every two weeks, so be sure to join the REMIND group to stay in the loop.
5. I'm saving the best for last! Accept my Twitter Challenge! It's a fun way to get started with Twitter while building your PLN. The first 6 days are designed for you. Those of you already using Twitter, be sure to share your favorite follows in the comments of the challenge or in the comments below.
District Instructional Technology Coach, Google Certified Trainer, Google Certified Educator, Apple Teacher, tech therapist, teacher supporter, avid reader, bullet journalist